Tone and Grow Your Glutes & Hips with this HIIT Workout
How to strengthen your hips and glutes
This HIIT workout will consist of four exercises that will be repeated 3 times in succession, remember if you’re sore in the morning don’t panic, that’s very natural. We also have a stretching video for your hips and glutes as well.
- Start by standing upright with your arms by your side
- With both legs, jump and increase the distance between your two feet. At the same time, bring your arms up above your head
- If the impact is uncomfortable for your knees or hips, you can just do the arms (if it’s uncomfortable for you arms, just do the legs)
- To begin, you want to be shoulder width apart with your knees
- Slowly lower yourself down into a squat, as low as possible
- As you bring yourself back up, you really want to emphasize the extension / hip thrust at the top, squeezing through your buttocks, straightening out through your hips and driving your hips forward as you come up
- Start in a bridge position where you lift up your hips
- Then walk your feet out all the way so that they’re almost straight but not touching the ground
- then you’re going to walk your feet back in to return to bridge position
- If you want to make it a bit harder, try doing the walkouts on your heels
Side Plank with Clamshells
30 seconds each side
- Start in a side plank position on your knees
- To activate your glutes, bring your top leg up away from the bottom leg as if you’re opening up a clamshell, then bring your top leg back down to close the clamshell
- Make sure to do this on the other side as well
Check out the video below to follow along with the exercises in real time.
Moving away from a standard push-up to activate more muscles in your body. A simple variation can alter the way muscles work together while...
It's common to hear the statement that running can be harmful and damaging to your joints, especially the hips, and knees, and we should avoid...
Exercise: A Powerful Weapon against Black Pain – The Westcoast SCI Personal Training Approach For years, health professionals have touted the...
This video provides a variety of exercises that can help prepare your body for snow sports like skiing and snowboarding. It is important to prepare...
Don't let tightness in your hip and glute muscles hold you back! Take charge and try these 10 hip stretches to increase your flexibility and improve...
Exercises and Stretches for Strength & Recovery In this guide, Logan, our Kinesiologist & Personal Trainer shows you step-by-step how to...