Tone and Grow Your Glutes & Hips with this HIIT Workout
How to strengthen your hips and glutes
This HIIT workout will consist of four exercises that will be repeated 3 times in succession, remember if you’re sore in the morning don’t panic, that’s very natural. We also have a stretching video for your hips and glutes as well.
- Start by standing upright with your arms by your side
- With both legs, jump and increase the distance between your two feet. At the same time, bring your arms up above your head
- If the impact is uncomfortable for your knees or hips, you can just do the arms (if it’s uncomfortable for you arms, just do the legs)
- To begin, you want to be shoulder width apart with your knees
- Slowly lower yourself down into a squat, as low as possible
- As you bring yourself back up, you really want to emphasize the extension / hip thrust at the top, squeezing through your buttocks, straightening out through your hips and driving your hips forward as you come up
- Start in a bridge position where you lift up your hips
- Then walk your feet out all the way so that they’re almost straight but not touching the ground
- then you’re going to walk your feet back in to return to bridge position
- If you want to make it a bit harder, try doing the walkouts on your heels
Side Plank with Clamshells
30 seconds each side
- Start in a side plank position on your knees
- To activate your glutes, bring your top leg up away from the bottom leg as if you’re opening up a clamshell, then bring your top leg back down to close the clamshell
- Make sure to do this on the other side as well
Check out the video below to follow along with the exercises in real time.
4 Exercises to Help you Jump Higher Thank you to Kiro M. for suggesting we cover this topic on how to increase your vertical jumping. If you have...
Are you finding your pain is limiting your ability to live your life?Do you have an injury and want to get healthy and fit, but don’t know how to...
How do you find the perfect personal trainer?The most important thing that you should look for when hiring a personal trainer in Vancouver is...
How to strengthen your hips and glutes This workout consists of three exercises for your hips and glutes. These exercises will help strengthen your...
9 Stretches to Relieve Tight Hips Below you will find 10 stretches for your hips and glutes. The reason why we like to stretch is that it not only...
When it comes to choosing the right personal trainer in Vancouver, you should first think about what you actually need. What are your goals? Are you...