Top 3 Exercises for Pelvic Floor Health / Pregnancy Preparation
What exercises can you do to prepare for pregnancy?
Pelvic floor health is important for a huge number of things. One thing that people do not always think about is how training your pelvic floor muscles is helpful to prepare for and during pregnancy. Here are some of the best exercises to work on if you are trying to get pregnant.
Exercise #1: Optimize Posture
- The core and pelvic floor are vital in stabilizing the torso/pelvis. When there is dysfunction in the pelvic floor, we tend to pick up different compensations to maintain the stability. This may alter how we hold our posture
- This new posture may change the length of the muscles at rest to produce optimal tension. This can further impede your core/pelvic floor’s ability to stabilize the body through movements
- Alterations in posture can help reduce symptoms of pelvic floor dysfunction
- Making these changes can be extra important in and after pregnancy when some form of pelvic floor dysfunction is already very common
- This can impact symptoms of lower back pain, Diastasis Rectus Abdominus, Pelvic Organ Prolapse, incontinence
- Changes to posture can be achieved through education and some simple self release techniques
Exercise #2: Core Strength
Strengthening the pelvic floor muscles can help reduce the pelvic floor dysfunction after pregnancy or at anytime
It is important to practice activating the pelvic floor muscles in conjunction with the rest of the core muscles
This extra stability can be built into your major lifts when appropriate
Help reduce the postnatal problems such as incontinence, POP, DRA
The extra strength can help with labour, alongside staying active through pregnancy
See a pelvic floor physiotherapist for recommendations
Exercise #3: Optimize Breath
- Many of the pelvic floor problems listed previously are often worsened by increased intra-abdominal pressure
- When performing exercises with pelvic floor dysfunction or ever it is helpful to breathe through exercise (out on exertion)
- This can be accompanied by a pelvic floor contraction (to create a lifting sensation in the pelvic floor muscles)
See a specialist for help with exercise and pelvic health. Remember, this is just general information.
If you have specific medical conditions, are experiencing pain, or you’re just not sure where to start when it comes to exercise, please remember we’re here for you.
适合办公室工作人群的拉伸运动 因为疫情期间不能去办公室，我们会发现在家里工作是一件需要适应的事情。我也一样！当你们记住每个小时休息的时候可以试试这些拉伸动作。Stretch #1: 墙上天使 10次 开始背部靠着墙壁 收紧腹肌，轻轻的让两边肩胛骨向中间收紧， 让手背贴着墙...
体重训练（最有效率的运动） 有很多医生和科学家都建议用增强免疫力系统来抵抗新型冠状病毒肺炎。 你们听过运动和好的生活习惯是最好的药物这句话么？ 加强免疫力的方法: 1. 每晚睡够7-8个小时 2. 健康的饮食（加拿大政府的健康饮食指南） 3. 有个有效的缓解压力的方法 4....
设计最佳家庭办公室的技巧 因为疫情期间不能去办公室，我们会发现在家里工作是一件需要适应的事情。我也一样！所以我想给大家设计3个家庭办公室的小技巧。Hack #1: 座椅 最重要的是要舒服。 座椅的高度 最理想的高度是让膝关节在90度左右...
帮我们坚持日常锻炼的方法 我们知道在疫情期间大家的生活都受到了很大的影响，当你在努力保持理智还同时兼顾孩子和工作的时候，锻炼是很容易被忽视的，即使像我们这些健康专家也不例外Tip #1: 要随时记住是什么给你锻炼的“动力”...
Why should you see a physiotherapist? Most people associate physiotherapy with treatment of musculoskeletal injuries in general. However, the scope...
What exercises can you do when pregnant? Disclaimer: during pregnancy you should always be cleared by your doctor prior to starting exercise and...