4 Stretches to Help Reduce Back Pain
Best stretches for back pain
It’s easy to forget to stretch. It’s often overlooked because the results are not as visible as lifting weights and squatting—or so you thought. Stretching can lead to better posture, fewer aches and pains, greater confidence, and a cheerier outlook on life.
Your thoracic spine, which is located in the middle of your back, is very important to stretch and keep moving. Simple rotational stretches throughout the day are extremely important if you drive, sit, or just stay in one place for a few hours of the day, Hahamian says. Here are four stretches to keep your back strong and healthy.
Stretching Global Flexion
1. Get on your hands and knees (four point position) with your knees directly under your hips and your hands directly under your shoulders
2. Your back must be in a neutral position (slightly arched) and your chin must be tucked in
3. Sit backwards towards your heels by lowering your buttocks
4. Maintain the stretch and return to the initial position
Hold 30sec x 3sets.
1. Lie on your stomach with your elbows on the floor and the chin tucked in or resting in your hands
2. Relax both your back and buttock muscles and maintain the position
3. Your hips must be touching the floor
10reps x 3sets
Knees to Chest
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent
2. Lift knees towards your chest and pull it as far as you can with your hands
3. Now pull your knees towards your chest as far as you can to flatten your lower back
Hold for 30sec, repeat 3x/da
1. Lie on your back with your knees bent and your feet on the floor (crook lying)
2. Place your arms out to the side for stability
3. Slowly lower your legs to one side until you feel a gentle stretch
4. Return to central position and repeat
5. Keep your knees together during the movement
Repeat as much as you like to stretch your back
How do you stretch your quads? If you have tight hips and thigh muscle tightness, doing these stretches can help ease the tightness. These exercises...
Intermediate Core Exercises If you're looking for a core workout that isn't too advanced or easy, try out our INTERMEDIATE Core Workout!Supine Leg...
How to strengthen your quads This Quad strengthening workout features eccentric movements, this means slow movement downwards, and quick movement...
Easy Core Exercises for Beginners In this blog post, we share how to find your neutral spine (which is key for effective core contraction) as well...
4 Exercises to Help you Jump Higher Thank you to Kiro M. for suggesting we cover this topic on how to increase your vertical jumping. If you have...
Are you finding your pain is limiting your ability to live your life?Do you have an injury and want to get healthy and fit, but don’t know how to...