3 Bodyweight Hamstring Exercises (Minimal Equipment Required)
Do I need to train my hamstrings?
Training your hamstrings is important because they are used very frequently in daily life, from bending your knees to walking and running. If your hamstrings are weak, it can cause back, knee or even foot pain.
Here are 3 bodyweight hamstring exercises that you can do at home, minimal equipment required! For a more detailed explanation of each exercise, check out our YouTube video here or below!
Reverse Hamstring Curls
- Find something solid to anchor your feet. Most people can use the space under their bed
- Kneel on a cushion (if needed for comfort)
- Slowly lower your body to the ground (keep your hands in front of you for safety)
- Try to keep your body as straight as you can by bracing your core
- Catch yourself with your hands and “push yourself back up”
- On a hardwood floor, place a small towel under each foot. Alternatively, you can use carpeted floors and place your feet on plastic plates (If you have kids, you’ll have them!)
- Start in the “bridge position”: on your back with your buttocks off the ground
- Brace your core
- Slowly straighten out your knees, keeping your buttocks off the floor
- Now spread your legs apart as wide as possible.
- Bring your feet back together
- Bend your knees to resume the “bridge position”
- Start in the bridge position
- Brace your core
- Slowly walk one foot out at a time
- Try to take about 4 steps to get to nearly a straight knee.
- Make sure you’re keeping your buttocks off the ground
- Slowly walk your way back up to the starting position
Check out the video below for a more detailed explanation of each exercise as well as some useful tips!
How do you stretch your quads? If you have tight hips and thigh muscle tightness, doing these stretches can help ease the tightness. These exercises...
Intermediate Core Exercises If you're looking for a core workout that isn't too advanced or easy, try out our INTERMEDIATE Core Workout!Supine Leg...
How to strengthen your quads This Quad strengthening workout features eccentric movements, this means slow movement downwards, and quick movement...
Easy Core Exercises for Beginners In this blog post, we share how to find your neutral spine (which is key for effective core contraction) as well...
4 Exercises to Help you Jump Higher Thank you to Kiro M. for suggesting we cover this topic on how to increase your vertical jumping. If you have...
Are you finding your pain is limiting your ability to live your life?Do you have an injury and want to get healthy and fit, but don’t know how to...