3 Bodyweight Hamstring Exercises (Minimal Equipment Required)
Do I need to train my hamstrings?
Training your hamstrings is important because they are used very frequently in daily life, from bending your knees to walking and running. If your hamstrings are weak, it can cause back, knee or even foot pain.
Here are 3 bodyweight hamstring exercises that you can do at home, minimal equipment required! For a more detailed explanation of each exercise, check out our YouTube video here or below!
Reverse Hamstring Curls
- Find something solid to anchor your feet. Most people can use the space under their bed
- Kneel on a cushion (if needed for comfort)
- Slowly lower your body to the ground (keep your hands in front of you for safety)
- Try to keep your body as straight as you can by bracing your core
- Catch yourself with your hands and “push yourself back up”
- On a hardwood floor, place a small towel under each foot. Alternatively, you can use carpeted floors and place your feet on plastic plates (If you have kids, you’ll have them!)
- Start in the “bridge position”: on your back with your buttocks off the ground
- Brace your core
- Slowly straighten out your knees, keeping your buttocks off the floor
- Now spread your legs apart as wide as possible.
- Bring your feet back together
- Bend your knees to resume the “bridge position”
- Start in the bridge position
- Brace your core
- Slowly walk one foot out at a time
- Try to take about 4 steps to get to nearly a straight knee.
- Make sure you’re keeping your buttocks off the ground
- Slowly walk your way back up to the starting position
Check out the video below for a more detailed explanation of each exercise as well as some useful tips!
Workout using an Exercise Ball! The Exercise Ball works in a similar way to a BOSU ball and TRX suspension training, it adds instability to...
When it comes to hitting the gym and attaining your fitness goals, there are various factors to consider. You've got your workout plan, diet,...
Running is an incredible way to maintain cardiovascular health, shed a few pounds, and clear the mind. However, as with any physical activity, it...
Winter has arrived! If you plan on skiing or snowboarding, it's important to prepare your body beforehand. These conditioning exercises can enhance...
Follow these easy steps to ensure you have proper posture throughout the day! Videos
Heel Slides: using a towel on a mat or hardwood floor, sit with your back against a wall and slowly slide your heel towards your glutes, bending...