3 Bodyweight Exercises (You’ve Never Seen Before!)
How can I build my body without weights?
These exercises combine variations of movements to maximize their effectiveness for your body. Each exercise can be done with no weight, making it perfect for at home! This workout can increase your strength and stability in different areas of your body.
Here are 3 bodyweight exercises that you’ve never seen before! For a more detailed explanation of each exercise, check out our YouTube video here or below!
Single Leg Deadlifts with Hip Rotations
- While standing beside a chair for balance, start your single leg deadlift.
- While in the “down position”, rotate your hips towards your standing leg (as you get better, you can try to touch your shin)
- Now, rotate your hips away from the standing leg (when you get better, your opposite hand would now touch your shin)
- Return to “neutral” position
- Return to upright position
Dynamic Lunge with Calf Raise
- Start in a standing position
- Step one leg forward into a “split squat position”
- Bend the back knee towards the ground, making sure not to allow the knee to touch the ground
- While holding the lunge position, come up on your tiptoes of the front leg (do a calf raise)
- Return to starting position by driving off your heel of the front foot
Plank with Shoulder Rotation
- Assume a push up position
- Shift your body onto your feet, allowing the knees to bend slightly
- While keeping your elbows slightly bent the entire time, circle around with your shoulders trying to make large circles.
- As you come towards the top of the circle, you’ll notice you’ll be on your tip toes
- Continue through the circle until you return to the starting position
- Make sure you try both directions
The first in our monthly Health, Wellness, and Fitness series, we will be going throughout the body and telling you all you need to know about an...
What can I do to relieve knee pain?The first in our monthly Physiotherapy series, we will be going throughout the body and telling you all you need...
How to fix shoulder pain? Why scapular stability is important Your shoulder joint does not act in isolation to create movement in your arm. The...
How can I improve my shoulder overhead mobility? The shoulders are the most mobility joint in the body. The shoulder is made with a “ball in socket...
Best stretches for back pain? Do you have lower back pain or neck pain? Shoulder pain when lifting objects overhead? Or have slumped shoulders when...
What can you do to relieve back pain? Chronic back pain is one of the most common and expensive medical conditions, that is estimated to cost 100...