3 Bodyweight Exercises (You’ve Never Seen Before!)
How can I build my body without weights?
These exercises combine variations of movements to maximize their effectiveness for your body. Each exercise can be done with no weight, making it perfect for at home! This workout can increase your strength and stability in different areas of your body.
Here are 3 bodyweight exercises that you’ve never seen before! For a more detailed explanation of each exercise, check out our YouTube video here or below!
Single Leg Deadlifts with Hip Rotations
- While standing beside a chair for balance, start your single leg deadlift.
- While in the “down position”, rotate your hips towards your standing leg (as you get better, you can try to touch your shin)
- Now, rotate your hips away from the standing leg (when you get better, your opposite hand would now touch your shin)
- Return to “neutral” position
- Return to upright position
Dynamic Lunge with Calf Raise
- Start in a standing position
- Step one leg forward into a “split squat position”
- Bend the back knee towards the ground, making sure not to allow the knee to touch the ground
- While holding the lunge position, come up on your tiptoes of the front leg (do a calf raise)
- Return to starting position by driving off your heel of the front foot
Plank with Shoulder Rotation
- Assume a push up position
- Shift your body onto your feet, allowing the knees to bend slightly
- While keeping your elbows slightly bent the entire time, circle around with your shoulders trying to make large circles.
- As you come towards the top of the circle, you’ll notice you’ll be on your tip toes
- Continue through the circle until you return to the starting position
- Make sure you try both directions
When it comes to choosing the right personal trainer in Vancouver, you should first think about what you actually need. What are your goals? Are you...
Lower Back and Hip Stretches Sometimes, you want to lie down and let your muscles relax. You want to work in the garden, but your back is saying no....
How do I build my lower body muscles? Plyometric exercises are powerful aerobic exercises that can be used to increase your speed, endurance, and...
Do wall squats build muscle? Wall squats are a compound exercise because it works multiple muscle groups, so you are gaining a lot for the work you...
Why is TRX Suspension Training unique? Including TRX Suspension Trainers changes exercise into a challenge for your core. Gravity and bodyweight are...
Different kinds of push ups We are going to be moving away from a standard push up to activate more muscles in your body in this post. A simple...