3 Bodyweight Exercises (You’ve Never Seen Before!)
How can I build my body without weights?
These exercises combine variations of movements to maximize their effectiveness for your body. Each exercise can be done with no weight, making it perfect for at home! This workout can increase your strength and stability in different areas of your body.
Here are 3 bodyweight exercises that you’ve never seen before! For a more detailed explanation of each exercise, check out our YouTube video here or below!
Single Leg Deadlifts with Hip Rotations
- While standing beside a chair for balance, start your single leg deadlift.
- While in the “down position”, rotate your hips towards your standing leg (as you get better, you can try to touch your shin)
- Now, rotate your hips away from the standing leg (when you get better, your opposite hand would now touch your shin)
- Return to “neutral” position
- Return to upright position
Dynamic Lunge with Calf Raise
- Start in a standing position
- Step one leg forward into a “split squat position”
- Bend the back knee towards the ground, making sure not to allow the knee to touch the ground
- While holding the lunge position, come up on your tiptoes of the front leg (do a calf raise)
- Return to starting position by driving off your heel of the front foot
Plank with Shoulder Rotation
- Assume a push up position
- Shift your body onto your feet, allowing the knees to bend slightly
- While keeping your elbows slightly bent the entire time, circle around with your shoulders trying to make large circles.
- As you come towards the top of the circle, you’ll notice you’ll be on your tip toes
- Continue through the circle until you return to the starting position
- Make sure you try both directions
Returning to Sports and Exercise After Surgery: A Guide for Optimal Recovery
How can I regain my fitness after surgery? Undergoing surgery is a significant event that requires careful consideration when it comes to return to...
4 Beginner Soleus Exercises
Easy Beginner Exercises to Strengthen your Soleus Muscle For athletes that sprint, jump and make quick sudden movements like runners, basketball...
Standing Exercises for Seniors
Standing leg exercises for older adults This series is to help older adults stay active, healthy and safe. These exercises are from the SAIL...
Seated Exercises for Seniors
How to stay active as you get older This series is to help older adults stay healthy and safe. These exercises are from the SAIL (Staying Active and...
Thoracic Spine Mobility Exercises
Improve your Thoracic Spine Mobility We spend a lot of the day sitting at desks, and therefore our thoracic spine can get quite stiff. Keeping it...
The Fall Fitness Guide: How to Maximize Your Outdoor Workouts Without Breaking a Sweat
Why you should workout in the fall, and why it's even good for you.Bear Paddle The first option is a bear paddle. A bear paddle is an alternate form...